Cancellations + Refunds
Cancellation Time Frame
Our standard cancellation time frame is 24 hours after time of purchase. All orders requested to be cancelled within this window (from exact time and date of order) will be issued a full and complete refund.
All orders cancelled after 24 hours are subject to a 25% administration fee for all orders made after March 1st 2021. This applies whether or not your lid model has been made or shown to you, or whether or not your order has shipped. If your order has shipped and a return is necessary to the business location of Top Lids and at the sole discretion of Top Lids, you (the buyer) will also be responsible for all return shipping charges. You will also be required to drop off the Top Lids package at a nearby UPS postal location to send back to Top Lids. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card (or payment method) that you use when placing your order.
Why do we do this? Our priority is to get everyone their lids at their lead time (see the “Lead Time” section above). Hobbyists are usually waiting on a precision fitting custom lid to get the most prized fish in their tank, and won’t do so before it arrives. If our lids are delayed for any reason, it delays the successful startup of our clients’ systems, which many times aren’t able to be delayed any longer than what they had planned originally.
Because of this, we set aside and budget time and finances for everything needed to make your lid right at the time of order.
- Engineering time (to create your lid model, communicate directly with you on your model for design changes and final client approval, and make sure everything is cut correctly on our machine…our engineers are paid on a part hourly and part per-project basis)
- Product material (to cut your lid from)
- A place in line in our production schedule
- Your personal lid update schedule (so that we can send you update photos at multiple points in your lid’s production to keep you up to date on your order)
- Shipping labels
- Shipping send out times (when we will send out your lid to you)
These are all set aside, estimated, and paid for within 6 hours of your order. Yes, we do mean paid for. This is the process we’ve developed over years and years of making lids to ensure lead times are met and client tanks are started on time, so that you can get the fish that you want when you plan to, with no worry of them perishing due to jumping based on delays.
Top Lids cannot fluctuate on this 25% admin fee and the client agrees that it is understood and that they have 24 hours to cancel free and clear at time of order. Afterwards, the admin fee will be applied to all orders.