Cancellations + Refunds
Cancellation Time Frame
Our standard cancellation time frame is 24 hours after time of purchase. All orders requested to be cancelled within this window (from exact time and date of order) will be issued a full and complete refund.
All orders cancelled after 24 hours are subject to a 30% administration fee for all orders made after October 26th 2021. This applies whether or not your lid model has been made or shown to you, or whether or not your order has shipped. If your order has been cut on our machines or printed on our printers, then no cancellations or refunds are possible for any reason. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card (or payment method) that you use when placing your order.
Why is this 30% administration fee in place? Our priority is to get everyone their lids at their lead time (see our "Lid Production Lead Times” page on the footer of every page on our website). Hobbyists are usually waiting on a precision fitting custom lid to get the most prized fish in their tank, and won’t do so before it arrives. If our lids are delayed for any reason, it delays the successful startup of our clients’ systems. Many times, if extra delays happen that weren't planned for, it can jeopardize the lives of the hobbyist's fish.
Because of this, we set aside and budget time and finances for everything needed to make your lid right at the time of order.
- Engineering time (to create your lid model, communicate directly with you on your model for design changes and final client approval, and make sure everything is cut correctly on our machine…our engineers are paid on a part hourly and part per-project basis)
- Product material (to cut your lid from)
- A place in line in our production schedule
- Programming on a CNC machine to be cut (putting a base design for your lid in our cutting software for each polycarbonate / acrylic sheet less than 24 hours after the time of order. Each of these programs takes about 2-3 hours to create, and if one lid is suddenly removed the entire program has to be redone)
- Your personal lid update schedule (so that we can send you update photos at multiple points in your lid’s production to keep you up to date on your order)
- Shipping labels (printed right at the time of order so there are no delays due to label printers potentially breaking or not functioning properly)
- Shipping send out times (when we will send out your lid to you)
These are all set aside, estimated, and paid for within 6-12 hours of your order (every morning and evening). Yes, we do mean paid for. This is the process we’ve developed over years and years of making lids to ensure lead times are met and client tanks are started on time, so that you can get the fish that you want when you plan to, with no worry of them perishing due to jumping based on delays.
Top Lids cannot fluctuate on this 30% administration fee and the client agrees that it is understood and that they have 24 hours to cancel free and clear at time of order. Afterwards, the administration fee will be applied to all orders.
Cancelling and Refunding Delayed Projects
If a lid project has been delayed (for reasons including but not limited to client delaying to send in accurate measurements, and client delaying to approve a lid model to produce) for a period of 6 months or longer after date of purchase, then no refund will be issued in any amount if the order is decided to be cancelled.
Terms and Conditions for Consent at Purchase
Upon placing an order through Top Lids, each Client of ours agrees to the Terms above and also agrees to follow them in good faith on both the side of the Client and Top Lids. If the above Terms are not followed, any promises or guarantees made by Top Lids to the Client are voided.