Cancellations and Refunds
Some Top Lids orders are refundable, others are partially refundable, and others are not refundable. A full breakdown of each is below.
If a lid order is placed for 1 Standard Lid, or a Custom Lid order (of any quantity), then the standard cancellation window is 24 hours from the time of order for a full and complete refund.
If a lid order is placed for more than 1 Standard Lid, then the standard cancellation window is 72 hours from the time of order for a full and complete refund.
After these cancellation windows, and before the lids on your order are cut, cancellations are still possible, but will incur a 10% administration fee.
If an ordered lid has started cutting, or if an ordered product has started physical production, then no cancellations or refunds can be made for any reason or no reason.
Why is this 10% administration fee in place? Our priority is to get everyone their lids at their lead time (see our "Lid Production Lead Times” page on the footer of every page on our website). Hobbyists are usually waiting on a precision fitting custom lid to get the most prized fish in their tank, and won’t do so before it arrives. If our lids are delayed for any reason, it delays the successful startup of our clients’ systems. Many times, if extra delays happen that weren't planned for, it can jeopardize the lives of the hobbyist's fish.
Because of this, we set aside and budget time and finances for everything needed to make your lid right at the time of order.
- Engineering time (to create your lid model, communicate directly with you on your model for design changes and final client approval, and make sure everything is cut correctly on our machine…our engineers are paid on a part hourly and part per-project basis)
- Product material (to cut your lid from)
- A place in line in our production schedule
- Programming on a CNC machine to be cut (putting a base design for your lid in our cutting software for each polycarbonate / acrylic sheet less than 24 hours after the time of order. Each of these programs takes about 2-3 hours to create, and if one lid is suddenly removed the entire program has to be redone)
- Your personal lid update schedule (so that we can send you update photos at multiple points in your lid’s production to keep you up to date on your order)
- Shipping labels (printed right at the time of order so there are no delays due to label printers potentially breaking or not functioning properly)
- Shipping send out times (when we will send out your lid to you)
These are all set aside, estimated, and paid for within 6-12 hours of your order (every morning and evening). Yes, we do mean paid for. This is the process we’ve developed over years and years of making lids to ensure lead times are met and client tanks are started on time, so that you can get the fish that you want when you plan to, with no worry of them perishing due to jumping based on delays.
Once lids from your order are cutting on our machine, then those lids are no longer cancellable and will be produced with no chance of refund. For example, if an order has 5 lids, with 3 cutting and 2 waiting to be cut, the 3 cutting will be non-refundable, and the 2 waiting to be cut will be refundable minus the 10% administration fee.
Terms and Conditions for Consent at Purchase
Upon placing an order through Top Lids, each Client of ours agrees to the Terms above and also agrees to follow them in good faith on both the side of the Client and Top Lids. If the above Terms are not followed, any promises or guarantees made by Top Lids to the Client are voided.